ACAC Administrative Office – Student Manager
Supervisor: Tammye Jurena
Number of students requested to fill above position: 1
Duties of the Position:
- Works one evening during the week (particularly Tuesday evenings) and rotates Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Ensures the proper event set-up of scheduled meeting rooms and works with event coordinators when they arrive making sure the client has what they requested and assist as needed.
- Works in collaboration with ACAC custodial team and Sodexo staff when event involves food to make sure all aspects of events in ACAC run smoothly.
- Trained to assist clients with basic A/V needs - setting up computer/projector systems, microphones, and podiums. Be available to assist/instruct clients on how to use items.
- Responsible for securing technical equipment, meeting rooms, and building on evenings and weekends.
- Responsible to handle emergency responses in evenings and weekends and keep the Director and Technical Operations Manager informed of any crisis, staffing or maintenance situations.
- This position provides facility and event management supervision for the building.
Skills Required to Perform the Position: Decision-making abilities, customer service orientation, communication skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of campus and building events; a friendly customer-service attitude; takes initiative in their work environment; works well with a variety of people; be a team player.
Recommended Student Classification Level: Level II
Beginning and Ending Dates of the Position: 08/20/2012 through Commencement Day 2013
Hours Per Week: Average 15-20 hours per week. Works one evening during the week; rotating Friday, Saturday and Sundays.