Apartment life = minor burns.

Oh man. Things get so busy so fast! I think I had two days of free time at the beginning of the semester but that stage of life appears to have passed by. Now days are filled with class, reading, cooking (apartment life, what???) and cramming in quality time with friends. There is no time to be wasted!

Apartment life was kind of a surprise for me! I didn’t even think about how it would affect my social life, but the atmosphere is a lot quieter. I am still getting used to it but from what I hear, I’ll get really used to having my space and never want to go back to dorm life… haha, we’ll see. It really is nice to have a kitchen, though. I’ve been doing some cooking lately. In fact, I just boiled my finger. I meant to boil some chicken (I’m making a casserole! How grown-up, right?) but I somehow, in the process, stuck my finger in the boiling water for several seconds before my body sensed pain. Owww! The other day I made some quesadillas that turned out to be delicious and I only had one minor burn!

As for the update on my academic life… I love my classes! Okay, 50% of them. But I think that’s a pretty good ratio for “love”. One of my favorite classes is about databases. Doesn’t that sound boring? Yeah, I am pretty sure everybody else in the class hates it. Therefore, they probably hate me for obviously loving it. I’m that girl!! AHH!! In any event, I think my internship this summer really helped me to appreciate my MIS classes more.

My social life has definitely picked up recently, probably due to my recent debut on Fox 23 news (watch the video), haha. I have also been taking advantage of first-week-of-school open-mindedness that allows me to question random students to find out who they are and where they’re from! Recently I made friends with a group of international students here from Europe – the Germans, Swiss and Spanish, and even a few from Singapore! They seem to be a fun group that I will hopefully spend more time with. (It was recently brought to my attention that readers of my blog must think Stef is my only friend. Does it look like I have more now?! I hope it worked.)

Well, I am almost back into my college-life sleep patterns (I even went to the gym at 10:30 tonight!) but nottt quite there, so I am signing off at 12:08 AM!!