Crazy Summertime

I love summer…no school, good friends, sunny days. So far my summer has been pretty busy–I got home from Tulsa after marshaling graduation, spent about a week or so home, and then jetted off to Florida for my cousin’s wedding. I got home on Wednesday, have taken three full length LSATs over the past three days (prepping for the June 6 test…trying to get a better score!), and then tomorrow I turn around to go to the Lake of the Ozarks with my family. Then I head to Kansas City on Sunday for a wedding, and then it’s back to Tulsa for the rest of the summer so that I can conduct research through the TURC program. This will be my first summer in Tulsa–in past summers I’ve come home to St. Louis to work, and last summer I was studying abroad in Spain. It will be interesting being in Tulsa for virtually an entire calendar year, but I’m excited! It will be nice to be in Tulsa with no school and time to enjoy the sites and sounds of the city. I’ve still never been to a Drillers game…that’s disgraceful considering 1) I’ve lived in Tulsa for three years now and 2) I’m a huge baseball fan. I mean really…I need to get on that! It’s definitely on my to do list this summer.

On a more dire note, I’ve been sitting in my home here in St. Louis this week thinking about how fortunate I am to have a home in the first place. As many of you have I’m sure already heard, a huge F5 tornado hit Joplin, Missouri on Sunday night. I’ve been thinking about all of the people that I know that go to TU who have lost all of their possessions, and I feel horrible that I am so fortunate while they have nothing. I’ve been going through my closet for clothes that I can donate to those in need down there, and I encourage anyone who is reading my blog to donate anything that you can to those down in Joplin–your time, your money, your belongings–whatever you can spare. They need everything, so don’t hesitate to send anything you can, no matter how small!

Thanks so much, and hopefully I’ll see some of you at TU in the fall! =)