Cheers TU!

What a fun couple of weeks! Fall has finally arrived on campus with some cooler weather (although it still reached 90 degrees on Monday), and we just had an amazing Homecoming Weekend! I was honored to be on Homecoming Court and named as a Top Ten Senior this year, so most of my activities this past weekend revolved around shmoozing with amazing alumni and attending fun events!

On Friday, I started off my day giving a tour to Lovie Smith—yes, THE Lovie Smith. Head football coach of the Chicago Bears, ex-defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, and TU alumni. He played football here and coached here, so it was really nice to have him back on campus and an honor to be able to give him and his wife a private tour!

On Friday afternoon my family came in town for the Parents Weekend side of Homecoming Weekend, and it was so nice to have them here! I haven’t seen them in a while, so it was great to drag them along to all of the events! On Friday night we went to a fancy dinner in the new Lorton Performing Arts Center honoring the Distinguished Alumni for this year’s Homecoming (such amazing people!), and then we went to the bonfire, which is one of my favorite Homecoming events!

We have a huge pep rally with the band and all of the dancers and cheerleaders, and then we light the biggest bonfire in Oklahoma and watch fireworks shot off of our own intramural field! It is so beautiful!