Spring is in the Air

Hey everyone!

So it’s back to the grind…spring break is over, and that means I graduate in just a little over ONE MONTH! AHHHHH that’s terrifying! My spring break was really cool…I got to travel to Washington, DC to attend a conference with my research advisor through the TURC program! I got to see all of the sights while I was there, which makes me really, really happy because seeing the original Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, and standing in the exact spot where Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his “I Have a Dream Speech” is every Political Science major’s dream. It was so neat!

I also got to go to the Smithsonian and see the WWII memorial, the Korean War memorial, the Vietnam War memorial, and the Pentagon 9/11 memorial. They were all so beautiful! I was so grateful I had the opportunity to see them! All around, it was an amazing spring break, and I’m so thankful that I had the chance to travel to DC–a city that I’ve wanted to see my whole life–and it’s all thanks to the TURC program at TU! I never thought I’d have an opportunity like this one, but I’m so grateful that I did!

I can’t wait to write to you all next time, because by then I’ll be on the brink of graduation. I officially enrolled in law school today (eek!), so I guess I really am a big kid now. I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on all of the happenings in my life! Until then, adios and happy spring!

Standing where MLK, Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech! The reflecting pool is under construction, but it was still so pretty!

The National Mall

The National Mall from the other side of the river! The cherry blossoms were so pretty!

The Vietnam War Memorial