Introduction

Hello :) My name is Elaine, and I am a Freshman here at Tulsa.  I am from St. Louis, Missouri.  My Major is energy management currently.  I am also hoping to double major in elementary education.  Also, in my MIS (managment of information technology) class the other day a woman came and talked about majoring in MIS, and I thought it sounded really interesting becasause she talked all about working in groups and thinking about new inovative ideas.  It was quite fascinating so I might minor in that.  I’m glad I have time to decide.  I am also part of the rowing team here.  I walked onto the team, and it is a large time commitment (20 hours a week) but I think I would actually be really bored without it.  I also joined a sorority when I got here.  I just joined because I thought it woudl be a good way to meet people.  I never actually planned on joining, but the first night I just clicked with a couple of the girls in my house, and I decided that it would be fun to try.  There is also a girl in my house who is on the track team so during philanthropy weeks we go to dinner after practices, which is good support.