Racquet Ball at TU

At TU there is no shortage of fun athletic events to partake in. Racquet ball is one such sport that I’ve been playing recently and I’ve been having a blast. For those of you who don’t know, racquet ball is a game where you and your opponent take turns using a racquet to hit the ball against a wall. I say “a” wall because you can hit ball against any surface of the court including the ceiling as long as the ball manages to hit the front wall before it bounces. It sounds easy but as you can see in the video below, it can get pretty hectic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnyXQdNsJF0

As I’m sure you can tell, it takes a lot of practice and some quick reflexes to play as well as these guys do. More than likely you’ll end up hitting yourself with the ball on your first time. Stick with it though and I can assure you, racquet ball is a fun and rewarding game. It’s also a great way to get in shape! You’d be surprised how hot it gets in that box.

My roommate’s graceful movements on the court

While I may never attain the level of skill displayed in the video above I will continue to practice at TU’s racquet ball facilities in Mabee Gym. Wish me luck!