Unexpected Joys

I tried to learn a lot about TU as a prospective student. I did my research, attended visit days and had even picked out certain organizations I wanted to be involved with if I were to become a student. Now that I’m a sophomore here at the University of Tulsa, I don’t have to research the university anymore. I get to live it everyday. Here are a few unexpected joys that as a prospective student I never saw coming.

You’re looking at a view of the TU intramural field. I wasn’t much of an athlete in high school (just ballet and golf), but thanks to this on-campus activity I’m able to cheer on friends playing flag football one month and play soccer the next!

Good news, folks! No. 1, there’s a Chick-Fil-A on campus. No. 2, I have this really awesome friend that uses her dining dollars to treat me and a bunch of our friends to a free lunch on occasion! It rocks.

Concerts at Cain’s Ballroom are a Tulsa Tradition and the tickets are pretty cheap! Definitely something special about living in Tulsa that I didn’t expect.

And finally, I would have never guessed that I would make it on the kiss cam at a men’s basketball game in my lifetime. Especially with David Letterman as the recipient of the kiss. Ask anyone that was at the game on Sunday though. It happened!