Tulsa Race for the Cure

Each sorority and fraternity has a special philanthropy they support.  My house’s philanthropy is Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness.  To raise money for the foundation we held a dinner on Monday called Kappasta where we served pasta… obviously! It was really good.  We even got breadsticks from Olive Garden.  Anyway, we sponsored a dodge ball tournament, and a bunch of teams from around campus sign up and play against each other.  It is so  fun!  I had a lot of work to do, but I didn’t want to leave.

These events lead up to the big event… Tulsa’s Race for the Cure, which was held last Saturday.  I did an untimed race, which is fine because I am slow (but I was really proud of myself because I went a lot faster than I thought I would)!  I had a lot of fun and  my sorority sisters were there to run with me!  One of the girls walked with her Grandmother, who is a cancer survivor.  I finished the race just before it began pouring rain, yet I still got soaked.  Here is a picture of us after the race (after it started raining):20130928_095629