Surviving the Winter

Mercedes
Lately the one thing on my mind has been the cold weather.  I am from Arizona and I am very much used to a warm winter.  This week the forecast for my city was between 75 and 80 degrees, where here it felt like -2 degrees due to the windchill as I headed off to my 8 am class.  I’m quickly learning that Oklahoma weather is pretty bipolar and you really just have to take it day by day.  Until it warms up, chances are you can find me bundled up, or under a mound of blankets, even if I’m in the Fisher South lobby. This candid picture pretty much sums up how we spent the last week before we left for winter break:

freezing

Never to fear, spring is bound to get here eventually!  For those of you that might not know, spring also means that Springfest is approaching. Springfest is a week long event that is put on by the Student Association and every year a concert is included.  Last year Imagine Dragons came, the lead singer Dan touched my hand, we shared a moment, I blogged about it!  The band for this year is announced next week and that is going to start off February on the right note and will help me get over thinking about the cold.

If you’re in an area that is feeling the winter weather I wish you the best of luck staying warm and if you’re enjoying a much milder winter, know that I am extremely jealous!