Coming from an area with some of the country’s largest universities and biggests sports programs, one of the first questions my family asked me after my decision to attend Tulsa was, “So…is Tulsa any good at sports?”
For those of you who are considering attending TU or have already made the (fantastic!) decision to do so, here are some fun facts about the Tulsa athletic program.
1. The University of Tulsa is the smallest Division 1 school.
2. This season, the Women’s Basketball team received its first NCAA tournament bid, where their first game was against 1-seed Stanford. Tulsa played well and kept Stanford on their toes despite a resulting loss of 72-56.
3. Chris O’Hare brought home gold for the Golden Hurricane last spring in the NCAA Indoor Mile Run, and just this spring broke the NCAA mile record with a 3:52.98 mile time.
4. Tulsa is currently ranked at least top 25 in Men’s Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, and Women’s Golf, and Softball.
5. Football ended their season by winning the C-USA championship over UCF.
6. Students get free admission to all sporting events!
…free concert tickets to one of the top-chart artists in the U.S.?
Every spring semester, TU’s student association puts on a week full of fun and free things (awesome, right?) called Springfest. For one of the events this year, SA went above and beyond by hosting Imagine Dragons in concert on our campus…and then gave each student a free ticket!
The following pictures only give a glimpse of how fantastic the concert was…
waiting for Imagine Dragons!
so many people
such great energy
such great music!
The TU campus is not the only place that friendships can be formed and memories made during your time at college. The city of Tulsa and the surrounding area is rich with opportunity for investing in life-long friendships and irreplaceable memories.
For MLK Day weekend, some friends and I rented a tiny cabin by a Skiatook Lake less than half an hour from campus. We had a blast exploring the lake, putting on war paint for several intense rounds of capture the flag, creating a fire (one of my favorite parts), and making s’mores.
What an incredible sunset!
A campfire perfect for a chilly evening and making s’mores.