Advice for Visitors
We welcome your visit to the Department of Special Collections. To make your visit as time efficient and comfortable as possible, may we suggest that you:
- Call or email us to schedule your visit. While is is not generally required, if you know ahead of time what materials you would like to use, we will try to have your requested materials pulled so that you can begin your research upon arrival. Finding aids for our manuscript and historical collections are provided on this site to help you refine your request as much as possible. Please note that some of our materials are housed offsite, and will require advanced warning to pull for you.
- Complete the Reader's Registration Form and return it to us by fax, mail, or email; or you may present it upon your arrival.
- Bring only what you need. You may use a laptop, PDA, electronic tablet, or pencil and paper in the Reading Room. Pens and hi-lighters are not allowed under any circumstances. No other material is allowed in the Reading Room without the permission of the Librarian of Special Collections. Lockers are provided to secure your personal items while you are doing your research.
- Dress in layers. The Reading Room can be sometimes chilly and sometimes warm, regardless of the season.
- Please review the Policies & Regulations governing the use of Special Collections materials page.
- For more information (parking, directions, accomodations, etc.), please see the General Information pages and the FAQ.