We provide instructional support on a variety of academic software purchased by the university for faculty and student use. Most of these software are for installation on campus computers and are installed by the system administrators.
Campus Supported Software
- LockDown Browser - testing support for use with Harvey and is installed in the McFarlin classrooms. It can be installed by system administrators in any campus lab.
- EndNotes - bibliography desktop software for installation by individuals and system administrators. EndNotes is located on the IT home page.
- MicroCase - statistical software and database geared towards the social sciences. It can be accessed by university students and faculty on the campus network. View Getting Started .
- Microsoft Office - usually installed on faculty computers by system administrators. It is available for individual purchase online from the IT home page.
- SPSS - statistical software geared towards the social sciences installed by system administrators.
- SAS - statistical software installed by system administrators.
- SMART Notebook - this software is used to produce materials for use on the SMART board and SMART Podiums. Contact the FRC for help and training.
Other than campus supported software and technologies there are many others that can be very useful for personal productivity as well as in instruction.
|Adobe Acrobat Professional
||Acrobat is a "for purchase" program that allows creation and editing of PDF files. Acrobat Reader is a free pdf reader. Faculty and staff should contact your system administrator or the IT Computer Store for discount purchase of Acrobat or other Adobe products|
||Video creator of screen activity. This program lets you make a video of screen movements such as menus, detections. SHAREWARE (Faculty who are interested in using Camtasia may contact the Faculty Resource Center to get a demonstration and more specifics on video size and processing.)|
||Free, on screen color identification tool. Provides rgb, hex, hsb, and CMYK.|
||Quick, easy color tool. Download and try it. SHAREWARE|
||Mac OS X secure file transfer program to use instead of ftp. Download from the internet. FREEWARE|
||IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer/editor for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP.|
|| KompoZer is a basic web site editor. This tool is cross-platform and FREEWARE.|
||This picture editor is free and easy to use. You may download an installed version or a portable version which you may take with you on your flash drive. FREEWARE|
||A free program that allows creation of PDF files. Download Windows Version|
||Picasa from Google is a very easy Picture management tool. FREEWARE|
||Captures an exact copy of anything that appears on your screen. This includes region capture, text capture, and window capture. SHAREWARE (Faculty who are interested in using SnagIt may contact the Faculty Resource Center to get a demonstration and more specific)|
|VLC Media Player
||Cross-platform multimedia player. Multi-region DVD's can be played with VLC. FREEWARE|
||Windows secure file transfer program to use instead of ftp. Download from the internet. FREEWARE|