Lorton Performance Center
Status: Project Complete
The Roxana Rózsa and Robert Eugene Lorton Performance Center, located on Gary Place on the east end of Harwell Field, is TU's showcase facility for the musical and performance arts.
Completed in 2011, the building serves as the new home for the School of Music and the Film Studies Department.
Amenities within the 77,000-square-foot facility include:
- concert hall with seating for 700 on two floors;
- full performance stage with ballet floor, scenery fly and trap room; an hydraulic orchestra pit; theatrical lighting and acoustical control booths;
- 6,000-square-foot grand hall designed for art display and pre-function gatherings;
- spacious offices for faculty in the School of Music and the Department of Film Studies;
- specialized rehearsal and practice rooms designed to accommodate groups of various sizes;
- classrooms and seminar rooms;
- electronic piano laboratory;
- individual practice rooms for vocal and instrumental instruction;
- film production suite with post-production editing and scoring capabilities;
- two recital halls, including one with fixed seating for 100 and another with flexible seating to accommodate groups of various sizes;
- dressing suite complete with a green room and VIP lounge, as well as shower and laundry facilities;
- ample space for theatrical set and instrument storage, a costume shop and storage area, and a scenery staging room; catering kitchen; ticket office; and
- dramatic colonnade featuring distinctive two-story Gothic arches that will overlook a sweeping front lawn and face onto Harvard Avenue.