TU employees, with their supervisor's approval, may volunteer time during the workday to support the True Blue Neighbors initiative.
The policy permits the University to grant employees up to eight (8) hours of time off per month with their supervisor's approval to volunteer on a True Blue Neighbor project.
- True Blue Neighbor projects will be coordinated through the Office of the Executive Vice President & Treasurer and the Sr. Vice President of Planning & Outreach.
- There will be an up-to-date list of projects which need manpower that employees can review.
- Employees wishing to volunteer their time during their normal workday, need to complete the form entitled: REQUEST FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE LEAVE
- The completed form should be forwarded to the employee's immediate supervisor for approval and then onto their specific Vice President.
- Once approval is secured, the employee may begin the project.
- Approved forms are to be forwarded to the Employee Relations Coordinator in the Office of Human Resources where they will be kept.
- The University may determine that it is not possible to release certain employees under this policy, such as employees in public safety positions, due to staffing requirements. When adequate, capable back-up staff is readily available, or if it is possible to adjust employee's schedules, employees' request should be granted.
- If the department is not able to grant volunteer leave requests, the University should inform the affected employee as soon as possible after the decision is made.
- Employees will record their time as “OTHER-Community Service” on either their bi-weekly timesheet or monthly Leave Report.
For questions regarding this policy, please contact the Office of Human Resources.