Teacher: Mrs. Melissa Hamby
Classroom Phone: 918-631-5079
The best way to contact me is via email. However, pleae feel free to call the classroom if you have a question. If I am unable to answer my phone, you may leave a voicemail, and I will return your call as soon as possible.
The first day an assignment is late, 30 percentage points will be deducted. Assignments turned in two or more days late will receive a zero.
Correcting Tests or Homework Papers:
Students are welcome to correct any test or homework paper that is below their grade expectation level. A certain system, however, must be followed in making the corrections:
- The student will complete the correction on a separate piece of paper.
- The student will write the question and the answer in the form of a complete sentence.
- All items missed must be corrected.
- The correction page must be stapled to the front of the test or homework paper that is being corrected.
- Corrections must be turned in within a week of the student receiving the graded assignment in their Thursday packet.
A new score will be determined by averaging the original grade with the corrected grade. This new grade will be entered in the gradebook in place of the original grade.
Students may select articles from the newspaper and/or magazines that relate to science class. Students are to turn in the article and a few sentences explaining how the article relates to science. Each explanation and article is worth two (2) points and up to 25 articles/explanations may be submitted each semester.