About the Center
- Initial referral to other campus support services
- Identification and monitoring of students at risk through programs such as Retention Alert
- Academic Counseling on an individual basis
- Accommodations for students with disabilities
- Academic skills workshops such as test preparation, study strategies, notetaking, effective interaction with faculty, and many other programs
All services offered through the Center for Student Academic Support are available at no cost with the exception of the Tutorial Services.
The Center is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Appointments can be made during office hours either in person or by calling (918) 631-2315.
The University philosophy on providing academic support is geared towards helping students to transition to personally responsible adults who are empowered to pursue motivation and accountability for their own academic and personal success. CSAS aims to help students develop self-advocacy skills that will serve them throughout life. We believe this is acquired through support and encouragement promoting autonomy and lifelong learning.
To achieve this desired end, CSAS promotes specific learning outcomes for students. Through their work with CSAS, students will be empowered to:
· Focus on academic progress and making academic achievement a priority.
· Show proficiency in individual coursework.
· Commit to the highest standards of ethical behavior and integrity.
· Learn new study strategies and improve study skills.
· Enhance test preparation techniques.
· Commit to the highest levels of personal responsibility and accountability.
· Improve time management skills.
· Build assertive communication skills.
· Demonstrate honesty.
· Advocate for themselves.
· Exhibit an understanding of personal goals and values, as well as congruence or dissonance
· Strive for self-improvement and growth.
· Respect boundaries and interact positively and productively with others.
· Think critically about decision-making and seek to make decisions that contribute positively to
themselves and others.
· Pursue health and wellness.
Services Manual (for detailed information on CSAS services and support)
Trifold Brochure of Services
Tips for Incoming Freshmen