We commend you for considering graduate education as a part of your professional and personal development. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities for graduate education here at The University of Tulsa by submitting your online application as soon as possible.
If you would like to request additional information be sent to you electronically and/or in paper form, request information here.
TU is a small, private, comprehensive university offering over thirty master's degree programs and fourteen Ph.D. programs in carefully selected areas. Most of our graduate programs are small, and therefore conducive to excellent interaction and rapport among graduate students and faculty. You can refer to the list of frequently asked questions to get general answers and information about applying for graduate study at the University of Tulsa. We welcome you to contact any academic programs which might interest you, to get more specific information about those programs.
If you would like to request information about a particular graduate program or have a general question about admission to graduate studies at the University of Tulsa, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone 918-631-2336 or toll-free 1-800-882-4723. We look forward to helping you.
With the exception of departments with earlier deadlines (see below), applications for admission for the following fall semester should be sent to the University of Tulsa Graduate School no later than February 1, if the applicant is interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship. Applications for most graduate programs are reviewed on a rolling basis and admission is offered for the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Please note the following important exceptions to this application deadline information:
- Applications to the Clinical Psychology graduate program (Ph.D. and M.A.) must be submitted no later than December 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Industrial/Organizational Psychology graduate program must be submitted no later than December 15 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Art graduate programs must be submitted no later than February 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the Geosciences and Geophysics graduate programs must be submitted no later than February 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
- Applications to the English Language and Literature graduate program are evaluated by the departmental admission committee beginning January 15 for admission the following fall semester. For full consideration for admission and assistantship funding, please have your completed application submitted to the Graduate School no later than January 15.
Your application will not be considered complete until all the following items have been received:
- A completed Graduate School application (paper or online) with a Statement of Purpose. Online application is available here.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential. Optional forms are available here.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Official GRE General Test results sent directly from Educational Testing Services (ETS)
- $40 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. should submit official TOEFL or IELTS results
Please mail these items to:
The University of Tulsa Graduate School
800 South Tucker Drive
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104
PLEASE NOTE: All application materials sent to the Graduate School become the property of The University of Tulsa. Materials will not be returned to applicants.
Special Application Requirements
Applicants to the following graduate degree programs should carefully note these additional application requirements:
- The English Language and Literature program requires a 10-20 page academic writing sample. Also English applicants should note at the end of their personal statement the foreign languages in which they are proficient or fluent. Please note if your proficiency is in the written language, oral, or both.
- The History program requires a 10-20 page academic writing sample (preferably from a history class).
- The Clinical Psychology program requires all applicants to submit a curriculum vitae. A writing sample is optional and should demonstrate your scholarly capability. Suggested writing samples include a copy of an undergraduate honors thesis, manuscript submission, or paper presented at a conference. These materials should be emailed to the Graduate School at email@example.com.
- All graduate programs in the Art department (including the MTA degree program) require all applicants to submit a portfolio consisting of 20 images of recent works (maximum three details) that adequately represent the focus of the applicant's creative efforts. The GRE General Test is not required for Art applicants to the MFA and MA programs.
- The Museum Science and Management program requires a 10-15 page academic writing sample.
- The Petroleum Engineering program requires all applicants to submit a completed "Declaration of Research Interest" form, which can be dowloaded from here.
- All graduate Business programs require applicants to submit a resume.
We believe a campus visit is important in selecting the right graduate program and university for you. We hope that you will take the time to visit the TU campus and meet with your future faculty mentors and graduate student colleagues.
To schedule a visit, please contact Nadia Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.