Oklahoma Accounting Educators' Conference
January 10-11, 2013
University of Tulsa
Allen Chapman Activity Center
Lorton Performance Center
Educators Preparing the Next Generation:
Pedagogy & the Profession
THE CONFERENCE HAS BEEN COMPLETED. THERE WERE 35 ATTENDEES AND A POSSIBLE 9 1/2 POSSIBLE CPE CREDITS AVAILABLE. A RECAP IS AS FOLLOWS:
Pedagogical sessions on Thursday at Allen Chapman Activity Center featured...
- Dr. Jay Howard, Dean of Arts & Sciences at Butler University. Dr. Howard is a nationally recognized expert on engaging students in the classroom. Presentation with a workshop after lunch.
- Dr. Wayne Thomas, University of Oklahoma will demonstrate cutting-edge techniques for the accounting classroom.
Speaker and dinner event Thursday evening in Meinig Hall and Graves Grand Hall of the Lorton Performance Center featured...
- Dr. Glen D. Johnson, Jr., Chancellor of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Presentation of Outstanding Educator Award
Professional sessions on Friday morning in Meinig Hall at Lorton Performance Center featured...
- Jim Taylor, member of the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council and Partner, HoganTaylor LLP
- Dr. Mary Dana Laird, University of Tulsa addressing "Politics, Perfectionism and Job Satisfaction for Accountants"
- Lynn Flinn, founder of the Tulsa Chapter of OK Ethics and President and Managing Partner of The Rowland Group
- OSCPA update
- Randall A. Ross, CPA - Executive Director of the Oklahoma Accountancy Board
The next Oklahoma Accounting Eduators' Conference location has not yet been announced.