A new graduate assistant position has been created to assist the Office of University Relations/Web Communications in maintaining content and communications across various digital properties including the public web site, intranet, social media channels and digital signage.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This office is responsible for publicizing The University of Tulsa’s programs, achievements, honors, news and events. The Web Communications Graduate Assistant would help manage the department’s digital media initiatives, including web site content, social media and other branding/communication initiatives.
- Assist with content management for the TU public web site, intranet (campus connection), social media and other channels
- Provide content and/or commentary for social media outlets, including TU’s facebook and twitter accounts.
- Assist with training/support for the campus content management system, sitecore.
- Repurpose content (text/images/video) for multiple channels.
- Assist in creating/maintaining content and architecture across multiple sites in order to improve search results and page ranking.
- Ability to write for varied audiences and repurpose content for specific uses.
- Basic technical aptitude; ability to learn to use online applications/tools to manage content of all kinds.
- Usability testing of content, architecture, web apps, and forms.
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience writing for the web and/or alternative content streams
- Experience with information architecture, site design and usability.
Value to the student
The assistantship will provide an excellent window into the marketing and communications. The student will also gain experience working with software such as Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, acrobat, flash), iMovie and social media.
The successful candidate will learn how to promote TU’s programs, achievements, honors, news and events through a digital media platform and will have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of work samples.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of social and digital marketing and communications principles, ethics, and practices.
- Ability to utilize web marketing and social media to promote organizational goals including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube/Vimeo, and email marketing campaigns.
- High level of professionalism, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and web content management systems (sitecore).
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.